I know, I know, I have been writing a lot on my blog about spirituality, finding your joy, resetting your mindset and other non-nutritional topics. I bet you are wondering, what’s all that have to do with nutrition! Well a lot in my book, probably more than the actual food itself! I read a lot of articles by Doctors, fellow self-help experts, nutrition experts, astrologers and spiritual people. I use all this in practice to help people find their blocks and their truth. So I thought instead of writing articles on much of what I read, I would post up those I found interesting in the past week or so. I do post many of these on my personal and profession Facebook page, and twitter, you can also go there to find these and many other great articles. I though putting them in one spot once a week or so would give you a place where you know you can find them, plus they will be searchable on my site and that will create a reference point for you! I’ll give a little blurb about the article and a link! I hope you find these posts useful and you can always let me know in comments what you thought about the article and if you did find this information useful. I am not a referral or affiliate person for these people I post up, if I am I will let you know. I just felt like I could be a source for you to all these amazing people I read and have learned from at Integrative Nutrition. Here are a couple useful ones for this week.
- Dr. Mark Hyman wrote an excellent article on sugar and how it relates to heart disease ( really all disease). “It’s over. The debate is settled. It’s sugar, not fat, that causes heart attacks. Fifty years of doctors’ advice and government eating guidelines have been wrong. We’ve been told to swap eggs for Cheerios. But that recommendation is dead wrong. In fact, it’s very likely that this bad advice has killed millions of Americans. A rigorously done new study shows that those with the highest sugar intake had a four-fold increase in their risk of heart attacks compared to those with the lowest intakes. That’s 400%! Read this week’s blog,
- I love Colette Baron Reid, she is smart, intuitive, sassy and direct. In her blog this week she talks about Robert Ohotto’s new podcast on Mercury Retrograde that just started last week and has 3 more weeks to go yet!. (always good information in Roberts Podcasts) Also provides an interview and free recording of her conversation with Pam Grout, author of E2. Read her blog post at Late To The Party, But Always On Time! Or…How to HealPerfectionism, Let Go, and Let the Dude Do the Delivering and Deal with the Details. Ah yes, the latter is the perfect title to shine a light on one of the many tests of this Mercury Retrograde. To read the rest go here!
PS, I have both books in my client check out library, Colette’s and Pam’s, if you want to check them out. Both are great and worth reading!
- YUM! VALENTINES DAY RECIPE, RAW AND VEGAN CHOCOLATE-CHERRY BROWNIE BITES. Have you ever tried a slice of German Black Forest cake, or a scoop of Ben & Jerry’s Cherry Garcia ice cream? Cherries make an excellent addition to chocolate desserts! Their slightly sour flavor pairs perfectly with the bittersweet taste of dark chocolate. Click here for the recipe.
- I did a guest blog on Happy First’s Blog. Happy first is a clothing line done by a former real estate client of mine and I love her clothes. Go check them out and check out my word for the year FREEDOM! I have had some great feedback when I posted it on Facebook! I would love your feedback on your word for the year or what freedom means to you! Post below!
- One final item coming up soon is The World Tapping Summit. If you have worked with me I have at some point taught you tapping. It is called EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique and it is a way to release blocks. As defined by Nick Ortner who is putting on the Summit: Tapping is a type of Meridian Tapping that combines ancient Chinese acupressure and modern psychology with startling results. From pain relief, to healing childhood traumas, to clearing limiting financial beliefs, to weight loss, body image and food cravings, to fears and phobias, Tapping is proving to be a powerful, well-researched and easy to learn and apply technique.Tapping utilizes the body’s energy meridian points by stimulating them with your fingertips – literally tapping into your body’s own energy and healing power. I will be writing a full post on the upcoming Summit, but here is Wayne Dyer working with Nick to release a childhood trauma. It is totally worth the watch and worth it to sign up for the Summit. http://thetappingsolution.com/2014VideoSeries/
If you want more information or to learn about how I use tapping in my practice leave a comment or let me know and we can chat about it.